Moving Images | breadth & quality of work at the base of Phoenix State
1. Regional Touring Works | Dance Hall / Exotic Lives of Lola Montez.
2. Art vs Extinction Suite| I Miss You Antarctica / Rapture
3. Dramas | The Flood (Aust) / The Flood (China) / The Star
4. Provocative Variety | Immersive Cross Culture and Site-Specific Works | Glory Box/Burlesque Hour / Carnival of Mysteries / Hotel Exquisite / Shanghai MiMi
5. Cultural Heritage Activation | Intimate 8
1. Regional Touring Works | evolving in collaboration with partners in Gippsland, Apollo Bay, Drysdale to become a covid-resilent, flexible Vic touring work. 2021 & 2022
Dance Hall | whole-of-community shindig (premiere, tour 20 Vic/NSW/ACT towns 2018).
Multiply benefit, covid-adapt & Phoenix Tour 2021 & 2022
Dance Hall | the first development (commissioned by Potato Shed)
The Exotic Lives of Lola Montez | commissioned by Her Majesty's Ballarat. Multiply benefit, adapt & tour 2021 & 2022
2. The Rapture Art vs Extinction Suite | evolves into digital, exhibit and hybrid live/installation work globally | Arts Centre Melbourne 2021 \ State Museum Florida 2021 & 2022 BIRCA Denmark \ Festuge Denmark 2021 | Australia
I Miss You Antarctica | new digital haptic/hybrid work Arts Centre Melbourne 2021
Rapture Chapter II (touring in late 2021 & 2022)
Rapture Solo (solo touring version 2019 on)
3. The Dramas
The Flood Australia| Premiere La Mama 2009. National Tour 2012. First Australian drama to be invited to China’s largest and longest standing theatre festival Shanghai International Theatre Festival. Australian remount 2022.
The Flood China| Commissioned by Vertebra Theater Shanghai 2017 Chinese, Mandarin language, all Chinese creatives. Premiered 2017 Beijing. Touring China (to date 5 seasons Beijing & Shanghai)
The Star | Premiering in residence at Sofitel Melbourne On Collins 2021 (live & live stream including to live distanced in-bar audience), season II in 2022, Festival work.
4. Provocative Variety | evolves in Phoenix State to Immersive Spectacles \ indoor/outdoor, intimate to large scale, & multi-space
Glory Box | the world's most awarded provocative variety adapts to intimate (Dinner & The Diva) and spectacle (outdoors/multi-space spectacle)
Carnival of Mysteries | evolves to immersive Phoenix Carnival Sofitel Melbourne on Collins & Lunarium Luna Park Melbourne 2021 & 2022
Shanghai MiMi | cross cultural collaboration. Commissioned Sydney Festival 2019 celebrating music, artform & multiple Chinese diaspora cultural influences. (Aust & international seasons indoor/outdoor)
Hotel Exquisite | evolves into Act Local. Food, art, and immersion, front stage and back, upstairs and down in 5 star hotel surrounds
5. Intimate 8 | NGV 2017 & Prague Quadrennial 2019| created through Finucane’s time as inaugural Creative Fellow 2017. Presented at Shanghai International Performing Arts Fair Cultural Invest & Himalayas Museum Shanghai 2017. Commissioned to respond to Czech lands most significant collection of stone statuary Prague Lapidarium Now a template for immersive cultural heritage activation internationally